What is a Rehab Cost?
The inability to afford rehab is the number one reason people do not get the treatment they need for their addiction. Even if they can afford it, people will use rehab cost as a roadblock to their own recovery to justify not going. However, it is important to understand the cost of addiction, all the factors that influence the cost of rehab, as well as ways to pay for your rehab cost.
Rehab Cost vs Cost of Addiction
When understanding the different costs of rehab, it is important to understand the cost of addiction. Costs of addiction include:
- Funding your addiction. Think of how much money you spend every day, week, month, or year on substances. This includes purchasing alcohol or drugs, bar tabs, liquor store runs, everything that has to do with keeping up with your cravings.
- Your time. Individuals who suffer from addiction spend a lot of their time using, staying high, and finding ways to obtain more substances. Time is money, and yours could be better spent focusing on your career, family, and health.
- Legal issues. One of the costs of addiction includes any legal fees you may have incurred, such as possession charges, a DUI, violence, and more. Restitution can be costly, as can lawyer’s fees.
- Your health. Drug use and excessive drinking can take a major toll on one’s health. Chances are, your hangovers or intoxicated state has left you unable to attend work on some days or you have had to go to the doctor and receive medications.
The more that the costs surrounding your addiction add up year after year, you will begin to notice that the cost of rehab is minimal in comparison. By making a one-time investment in yourself, you will have many years to come of enjoying your life while saving money in the long run.
Paying for Rehab
- Out of pocket. If you are able to, the easiest way to pay for rehab is out of pocket. This way, you are able to make a one-time payment and investment in your future and move forward without any lingering bills.
- Financing. In many cases, you may be able to finance your treatment coverage to make the costs more manageable.
- Insurance. Your insurance may cover your costs of treatment. NuLife Recovery Center works with many insurance companies and is in-network with Anthem. This means that your cost of treatment will be covered depending on your deductible. If you are out-of-network, there still may be payment options available. Our admissions counselors are experts in insurance — we can help cut through the red tape and negotiate the best coverage for you.
Factors that Affect Rehab Cost
As you go through the process of finding the right rehab center for you, you will begin to notice that prices can vary quite widely. This is due to many factors, such as type of treatment program, length of stay, location, amenities, and more.
Type of Treatment Program
- Residential treatment. While luxury residential rehab is the most expensive way to receive treatment for addiction, it is also regarded as the most effective. By making the financial investment, time commitment, and feeling comfortable in treatment, you will yield the best results in this type of environment.
- Outpatient treatment. This type of treatment has a lower rehab cost because you are not living in the facility. However, by being able to go home, you run a high risk of relapse and lower your chances of long-term results.
- Medication-assisted treatment. Many individuals recovering from opioid addiction may require long-term medication needs as they recover from their addiction, which can influence their rehab cost. In addition, detoxing from alcohol can be extremely dangerous, and required medical supervision. While this also affects rehab cost, it is the only way to ensure a comfortable and safe detox experience.
Length of Stay
Every treatment program offers different lengths of stay — 30, 60, 90 days or more — which can influence rehab cost. Currently, at NuLife Recovery Center, all lengths of stay are capped at 30 days which allows for a more intensive experience.
Rehab facilities at locations with a higher cost of living will also have a higher rehab cost. For example, a rehab facility in New York City will cost much more than one in Arizona. However, where you choose to receive addiction treatment is extremely important as you will be living there for an extended period of time. If you do not enjoy your surroundings, you run the risk of not having a successful experience.
Luxury residential rehab facilities offer additional holistic and comfort features that add to an individual’s rehab cost. Although they cost more, they add to the overall treatment experience and can help yield better long-term recovery results. Rehab can be stressful and emotional, which makes these amenities a welcomed stress-relief from the day. These amenities include:
- Resort-style swimming pool
- Private rooms with balconies and fireplaces
- Private chef
- Lighted tennis court
- Hiking trails
- Holistic therapy
About NuLife Recovery Center
An individual’s rehab cost can be markedly different from another due to the different needs that are required. One person may find it important to stay near their hometown, while another may need to leave and escape a toxic environment. One may require medication-assisted treatment, while another may not. To better learn your specific rehab cost, give us a call.
NuLife Recovery Treatment Center is nestled on 14 beautiful acres surrounded by the Santa Monica Mountains. Our resort-like setting allows for your total comfort so that you can concentrate on reestablishing your health — and your life — free of drugs or alcohol. We have developed the most effective treatment program in the industry, one that Engages, Inspires and Empowers you, backed by evidence-based treatment and holistic therapies that treat the mind, body, and spirit, in a complete 360-degree manner.
Research has validated the effectiveness of evidence-based therapy models; CBT, DBT, MI, and EMDR to name a few. But if they are not part of an organized treatment system purposely designed to facilitate long-term recovery, they can have little effect, if any, on helping you overcome your addiction and addressing any co-occurring disorders that you may also have.
That’s why NuLife’s Clinical Team developed the effective 360-degree treatment method. This individualized method wraps you in care and compassion while Engaging, Inspiring and Empowering during each measurable step of your treatment. The 360-degree method treats the whole person, mind, body, and spirit, utilizing Evidence-Based Mental Health Therapies, Experiential Therapies, and Holistic therapies. When combined into the 360-degree method are a powerful tool that will help you achieve lasting recovery.
For more information, visit nuliferecovery.com